|August 2015: Tips eNews & More!
Back to school! Shh... say it ain't so!
Yes, it is that time of year again. But don't worry, there is still plenty of warm weather left and lots to do.
Once the Parapan Am games are over, the CNE grounds will be flooded with fun rides, carnival games and the gluttonous concoctions of the (in)famous food building. With so many unique treats to choose from (remember last year's chocolate fried chicken?), it's easy to overindulge, so be sure to take care of your teeth before and after your visit. Brush before you go, chew sugar-free gum after eating, and be sure to brush and floss when you get home.
Are you heading off to school next month?
Many post-secondary institutions offer health plans that include dental coverage. If you are enrolled in a post-secondary program, remember to look into the coverage offered to you. Your new school schedule may keep you busy, but always remember to make your oral health a priority.
Knowing that school will alter your schedule, now may be a good time come in for a cleaning and examination. Click here to request an appointment.
All the best
Dr. Ron Barzilay
|How to Brush and Floss Properly
Flossing: Click here to continue!
- Use a soft toothbrush for thorough and gentle cleaning.
- Hold your brush at a 45 degree angle. Begin by brushing the outside of the front teeth. Use gentle, half-tooth wide, back and forth strokes.
- Next, brush the outside back teeth, starting along the gumline.
- For the inside back teeth, use short, angled brush strokes.
- For the inside front teeth, tilt the brush vertically, and use an up-and-down motion.
- For the chewing surfaces, hold the brush flat, and use a gentle motion.
|Chicken and Bean Salad
We often like to share BBQ tips and recipes during the summer months, but sometimes all you have time for is a simple, healthy salad. This recipe is fun, flexible, and, most importantly, delicious!
Total Time: 30 min
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 15 min
Yield: 4 servings
Click here for the full recipe!
Recipes provided by Marni Wasserman