Grilled Flank Steak with Sweet Corn Radish Salad
This flavourful, quick and healthy recipe is great for summer weeknight meals! It is a perfect addition to your BBQ repertoire so you can impress your loved ones. Don't have a grill? You can easily make delicious steak with a thick pan on a hot stove too!
Ingredients (serve 4)
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs Flank Steak
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 ears of corn on the cob, shucked
- 10 radishes, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 of a red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian Parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (2 limes)
- Preheat grill to med-high.
- In a small bowl mix salt, cumin and smoked paprika. Coat both sides of flank steak with the spice rub and let sit at room temp while you make the salad or up to 30 minutes.
- Make Corn-Radish Salad. Shuck and clean corn, wiping off stray threads with a kitchen towel. Grill it lightly- just for a few minutes on each side. Cut kernels off with a large sharp knife and place them into a large bowl. Thinly slice radishes and place them into the bowl. Very thinly slice onions and place them in the bowl. Add chopped parsley. Add the lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and coriander and toss well. Set aside or refrigerate for up to 3 hours.
- Grill meat on high heat until steak is nicely charred on each side and cooked to medium rare, about 5 minutes on each side. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with Corn Radish Salad.
Recipe courtesy of Feasting at Home